Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photographic Observations At Camberwell Markets

After the previous success of capturing everyday events and the interaction of people at the Queen Victoria Markets, I began considering other kinds of markets for photographic exploration. I decided on the Sunday Camberwell Markets, as the goods for sale and type of people which attend provide an interesting contrast to the Queen Vic Markets. The Camberwell Market essentially thrive off the philosophy that 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'! There was an element of scavenging and competitive rummaging that was not present at the Queen Vic Markets. The essence of my photography is to make myself invisible so as to capture peoples uninhibited interaction with products and people. The third image below is of me capturing a woman trying on a helmet, I have pressed the button to take the photo at the precise moment she recognises that I am indeed photographing her. I think adds a humorous aspect to the image in relation to my intention of being invisible!

Below are some of my more successful images from the Camberwell Markets:











No comments:

Post a Comment