Sunday, May 9, 2010

Food For Thought In The Country Air!

Whilst this blog is somewhat delayed in it's being written, my trip to the NSW countryside over Easter was quite influential in the progression of my portfolio of photographs. I stayed at my Aunt and Uncles farm just outside of Bathurst in NSW, and was reminded of the distinct contrast in the visual environment from the country to the city. This change in scenery encouraged me to examine more closely the visual components of my world and infact got me thinking more laterally, which is quite in keeping with the Romantic Poet's belief in the country air to do so!

A site of particular interest for me on the farm was the old shed, which once was productive in shearing mobs of sheep on mass, however is now a storage home to a random collection of unused furniture, Gum Boots, old electrical appliances. This contrast between old and new, previous function and current function all mashed in together provided some really visually interesting shots. In addition, the physical structure of the shed as hand constructed in the late 1800's from local logged trees, provided interesting organic lines and shapes which contrasted well against the inorganic shapes and colours of modern technology. I found some technical difficulty as the shed was very dark and as such needed to have the ISO up quite high to allow enough light into the camera, however in doing so the images became a little grainy. However I still feel the images capture well my intention and are really quite visually interesting. Below is a short list of some of the better shots I took:

No comments:

Post a Comment